HOMESTAR is a full-service mortgage banker controlling every aspect of the loan process with in-house processing, underwriting, closing, and funding of each mortgage transaction. Having an in-house team separates HOMESTAR from other mortgage companies because it is easier for HOMESTAR mortgage lenders to communicate quickly and effectively with every department needed to close a transaction.
HOMESTAR’s headquarters are located in The Gym of ’36 in Gainesville, Georgia, which is the old Gainesville High School Gym. The Gym was partly damaged during the devastating tornado of 1936, still one of the nation’s top five deadliest tornadoes in history.
HOMESTAR has become a regional lender in the southeastern United States, licensed to conduct business in 21 states across 80 branches. HOMESTAR’s leaders and employees are among the most knowledgeable and experienced industry professionals.
Our mortgage loan originators are trained to listen to the needs of each borrower, understanding the individuality of each transaction. Our goal is to provide the best mortgage program option available to meet the specific needs of each client. HOMESTAR offers a variety of home mortgage solutions, including USDA, FHA, VA, Conventional, Jumbo, and Super Jumbo programs. This enables HOMESTAR to provide a competitive loan that meets your needs. This is the biggest investment of your life, and at HOMESTAR we understand that. Let us help you arrive at “the easiest way home!”
Ready to get started?
Wes Hunt, HOMESTAR CEO, Founder, and President, began HOMESTAR in 2002 as a small local mortgage banking company in Gainesville, Georgia. Mr. Hunt built and expanded HOMESTAR after experiencing both sides of the real estate transaction. At the age of 19, he ventured into real estate, where he began working at his mother’s real estate firm after experiencing a job layoff. He spent several years as a realtor and then went on to work for other mortgage companies as a loan originator.
From its early days, HOMESTAR found success in offering the lesser-known USDA loan program. As the economy worsened, it became increasingly difficult for people to obtain an FHA loan or the traditional Conventional mortgage, which required a larger down payment. During this time, HOMESTAR stayed focused on expanding the initial market area in Gainesville, allowing HOMESTAR to grow. This is when the USDA program really started taking off for HOMESTAR. From September 2010 to September 2011 (the U.S. government’s fiscal year) HOMESTAR closed 855 USDA loans, making HOMESTAR Georgia’s largest USDA lender. By comparison, HOMESTAR’s closest competitor closed just over 200 USDA loans in Georgia during the same time period.
- Ranked one of the Top 100 Mortgage Purchase Lenders Nationwide for the past 2 years.
- #1 USDA Mortgage Lender in Georgia for the past 9 years.
- #1 FHA Mortgage Purchase Lender in Georgia for the past 5 years.
- #1 Mortgage Purchase Lender in Georgia for the past 2 years.
- 2016 USDA Lender of Excellence.
- HOMESTAR was voted Best of Hall County in 2016, 2017 and 2019 for “Best Mortgage and Home Loan Provider” by the readers of The Times, one of Georgia’s largest newspapers.
- Has been on Inc. 5000’s list of America’s Greatest (and Most Inspiring) Entrepreneurs in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- On April 5, 2016, HOMESTAR was awarded the “Outstanding Georgia Business” title by Georgia Secretary of State and now Governor Brian Kemp, along with Georgia State Representative Terry Rogers at the state capitol.
See how our core values set us apart from other mortgage companies.
Outstanding Customer Service
HOMESTAR is passionate about helping our clients achieve the American Dream of homeownership by following these core principles:
- HOMESTAR always communicates effectively.
- HOMESTAR provides clients with an efficient mortgage origination process.
- HOMESTAR does not tolerate dishonest or unethical behavior.
- HOMESTAR understands the impact every decision has on our clients.
Strong Community Relationships
HOMESTAR exists because of our relationships. Trust, honesty, and integrity guide every interaction with clients, builders, realtors, and business partners.
HOMESTAR’s employees are the key to our ongoing success. We strive to foster an environment where all employee contributions are valued, input is always welcome, and they are provided opportunities for career growth and development.